Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 2 Post op.

So, today definitely had its ups and downs.

I woke up this morning with minimal pain. I had to move slowly, so I got up early, but woke before my alarm. I got dressed, ate a little and then took my meds.

I got ready to drive to work and gathered some homework, just in case the rain decided to come in early. It didn't.

Today was resource day at Mercy, so students from the school came out and I got to talk about the library and NSNA (national student nurse's association), and got a lot of people interested in both. I also got to sit outside for a few hours. The heat helped my kidneys a lot.

I even got free Tony Packo's.

THEN the pain started in.

It was around 1:30 when it started to really hit, and I was still on the clock. I helped a person or two and then clocked out. I went to see my advisor to sign my graduation request papers, and then I went to see the teacher for the class that I missed yesterday.

Pain kept getting worse. And I forgot my meds at home.

So I called my doctor again.

They want me to pull the stent on Monday, but didn't even give me enough pain meds to last that long. So I was calling for a new prescription. It took me 2h to actually get through to someone. So, instead of percocet, they gave me vicodin.

Vicodin is slightly weaker for me, but I'm going to see how I operate on it on Saturday and Sunday, so I can save my percocets when I have to pull the stent.

But you would have thought that when I called almost sobbing because the pain was so bad, that the nurse would have felt sympathy. I think she thinks that I'm a drug seeker. But I'm not!

I'm still urinating a ton of blood, which is kind of to be expected. I'd be more concerned if I urinated a ton on Saturday, or even Sunday. Just pray for me.

I can feel the stent. I can feel where it starts in my kidney, and I can feel where it ends in the urethra. I'm ready for it to be OUT.

And I'm ready for this semester to get really started!

No comments:

Post a Comment