Thursday, January 3, 2013

iPod Shuffle! Queued.


Ipod Survey: use your ipod and put it on shuffle. Answer the questions with the song title/lyrics when indicated.

If I had a band, it would be called: Let it Roll (Secondhand Serenade)
When I die, my headstone will say: Already Taken (Step Up 3D soundtrack)
At my wedding, in my vows I will say: Lucky, (Jason Mraz)
If I could kill someone, I would kill them with: Moments (One Direction)
When I leave high school, I will be most remembered for: My Friends (Sweeney Todd Soundtrack)
When my boy/girlfriend makes me mad I tell him/her: Bluebird (Sara Bareilles)
When I party I like to: Take It Off (Ke$ha)
When People send me annoying forwards, I scream: Go the Distance (Hercules Soundtrack)
When I go out, people look at me and think to themselves: Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles)
When hanging out with friends, we like to: Mark It Up (Repo! The Genetic Opera)
Now… answer these with the first line of the song:
Just a Little Story about you =]
This morning your alarm went off at 5:00 AM. you say:
“I’m gonna be a mighty king, so enemies beware!” –I Just Can’t Wait to be King, The Lion King Soundtrack
Then you get up and get in the shower and sing:
“Listen to my heart—love and listen to my heart—just as one beat ends another starts, so you can hear no matter where you are.” –Dark Days, The Hunger Games Soundtrack.
When you can’t find your favorite shirt, you yell:
“Speak with your tongue tied—I know that you’re dying, but I just want to know—where you want to go…” –I Hate This Song, Secondhand Serenade.
After getting dressed you go downstairs get a bowl of cereal. It is stale. You say:
“You can hide it when we’re talking, but the silence kills—we’re pretending, but you’re remembering how it means to feel.” –Been Here Before, Terrible Things.
After eating your stale cereal, you head out to catch the bus:
“See I could spend forever here and never want to stop, ‘cause baby you are making my day!” –Shelter, Hedley.
The bus already left. You curse and scream:
“Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe….” –Across the Universe, Across the Universe Soundtrack.
So now you have to walk to school. The Populars drive by you and say:
“I’ve been wandering down the same road for days—I’ve seen coastlines going both ways…”-Inside Out, Sara Bareilles
You reply angrily:
“Them belly full, but we hungry.” -Them Belly Full (But We Hungry), Bob Marley
They drive off and scream:
“Gimme attention—I need it now—too much dispensed to measure it out!” –Where the Lines Overlap, Paramore.
You try to cross the street, but can’t because of a car wreck. You say:
“Boy, you’re going to carry that weight, carry that weight for a long time!” –Carry That Weight, The Beatles.
So you walk all the way back to the other side of the street to the store:
“There’s a green hill far away in the land I know so well and the sun, it shines so bright in the fields where once we did lay…” –In Fields Where We Lay, B*Witched.
You go in the store and ask the clerk:
“The buttons on my phone are worn thin--I don't think that I knew the chaos I was getting in.” –Why, Secondhand Serenade.
He replies:
“We met on a rainy evening in the summertime—don’t think I need to tell you more.” –Love On The Rocks, Sara Bareilles.
You give him a strange look and say:
“I've seen it all and I know better - I've felt the bitterness and pain.” –Miracles, Stone Sour.
Then you get some chips, but you can’t find your money. You mumble:
“I'd cross the sea to you--I've left myself deserted here again.” –Taciturn, Stone Sour.
The clerk says:
“Hello Seattle, I am a mountaineer in the hills in Highlands…” –Hello Seattle, Owl City.
You angrily walk out of the store saying:
“Your Eyes, As we said our goodbyes—can’t get them out of my mind, and I find I can’t hide from your eyes—The ones that took me by surprise!” –Your Eyes, Rent
So… You go to the Starbucks across the street and a lady asks you:
“Take a look around—who would have thought we’d all be here?” –Turn Up the Music, LemonadeMouth
To which you say:
“I say hey boy sitting in the tree, mommy always wants you to come to tea, don’t be shy, straighten up your tie, come down from your treehouse sittin’ in the sky!” C’est la Vie, B*witched.
When your cellphone rings. It’s your friend. She says:
“All my life you know I haven’t been very love strong; There’s been so many fights that I’ve fought and I’ve never won….” Bang, Bang,  Bang-Christina Perri.
You tell her:
“I’ve got my mother’s love, I shouldn’t ask for more; I’ve got so many things I should be thankful for, Yes I’ve got everything, except, I guess, a door, perhaps it’s better that I stay in.” –When Will My Life Begin (Reprise 1), Tangled.
So she gets mad and hangs up the phone. You yell:
“Fallin a thousand feet per second, you still take me by surprise!” –Perfect, Hedley
People start to think you have problems, so you tell them:
“Go ahead as you waste your days with thinking!” Move Along, The All American Rejects
The man at the counter tells you:
“Hark the herald, angels sing!” –Angelic Proclamation [Medley]- BarlowGirl
So you say:
“I'm so cold and far away from home, you're so tired and so damn alone, It's darker and much harder to be me, so far away from my reality.” –Villian, Hedley
Then you leave the Starbucks. You can cross the street to get to school now.
You get across the street and a rabid dog starts to chase you; you scream:
“Some say I’ll be better without you, but they don’t know you like I do.” –He Won’t Go, Adele
When you get away, you say:
“Run run run away so long lost never comin, Home rollin rollin down a track; No no i’m never comin back.” -What Part of Forever, Cee-Lo Green.
You finally get to school. Teacher wants to know why you’re late:
“I look at you all, see the love there that’s sleeping; while my guitar gently weeps…” –While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Across the Universe Soundtrack.
She doesn’t believe you. So you tell her:
“They came for him one winter’s night. Arrested, he was bound!” Over the Hills and Far Away, Nightwish
She still does not believe you, so she sends you to the principal. He asks:
“Carpe diem, carpe diem!” Carpe Diem, Sarah Brightman
So you reply:
“I hear the angels talkin’, talkin, talkin, I want my dead man walkin’, walkin’, walkin….” –Dead Man Walking, The Script.
He thinks you are getting an attitude so he tells you:
“I’m just a little bit caught in the middle, life is a maze, and life is a riddle.” –The Show, Lenka.
Then sends you to detention. You mumble:
“Walkin’ alone beneath the lights on that miracle mile…” –Anything But Mine, Kenny Chesney.
Sitting in detention…
You meet a butch girl named Ashley. She asks you:
“We have fallen down again tonight.” –Everybody, Ingrid Michaelson.
You look at her in horror and tell her:
“you caught me on the phone today, said those words you always say, I cried.” –Out of My Mind, Colbie Calliat.
Then move to the other side of the class. She Yells:
“If I die young, bury me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses, sink me in the river at dawn, send me away with the words of a love song.” –If I Die Young, The Band Perry.
There are people in the back trying to sing. It’s really bad. You tell them:
 “I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord, but you really don’t care for music do you?” –Hallelujah, Rufus Wainright (Shrek)
They get mad and say:
“Summer has come and passed, the innocent can never last, wake me up when September ends.” –Wake Me Up When September Ends, Green Day.
So you just go to sleep for the rest of the time.
When you wake up, it’s 4:00. You look around and say:
“I’m a new soul, I came to this strange world, hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take.” –New Soul, Yael Naim.
You ask the teacher why he didn’t wake you up, and he says:
“Just about the time the shadows call, I undress my mind and dare you to follow.” –One Sweet Love (2003), Sara Bareilles.
So you run all the way home. Mom wants to know where you’ve been:
“She’s all laid up on the bed with a broken heart.” –For the First Time, The Script.
She thinks you’re lying. You try and tell her:
“When I was younger I saw my daddy cry and curse at the wind.” –The Only Exception, Paramore.
But she doesn’t wanna hear it. She grounds you and you say:
“One, Two, Three, counting up the signs we see…” –You Picked Me, A Fine Frenzy.
So she yells back:
“Angels said I’d smile today, oh, well, who needs angels anyway?” –Come Round Soon (2003), Sara Bareilles.
You stomp up to your room and trip over the top stair; you yell:
“Here comes the sun.” –Here Comes the Sun, The Beatles.
Then you go in your room and text your lover. He/she texts:
“I’ve got sunshine, on a cloudy day.” –My Girl, Otis Redding.
You get mad and say:
“A long, long time ago, I can still remember how that music used to make me smile and I knew that if I had my chance, I could make those people dance and maybe they’d be happy for a while.” –American Pie, Don McLean.
Then he/she says:
“When the night has come and the land is dark and the moon is the only light we’ll see; no I won’t be afraid, I won’t be afraid, just as long as you stand by me.” -Stand By Me, Ben E. King
Then you get so mad you throw your phone at the wall, and it breaks.
You sit in your room for the next 4 hours saying:
“Imagine there’s no heaven; it’s easy if you try.” –Imagine, John Lennon.
Your mom thinks you’re going crazy, so she says:
“I asked her to stay, but she wouldn’t listen.” –Won’t Go Home Without You, Maroon 5.
You look at her crazy, then walk away saying:
“Take out of your wasted honor.”-Say, John Mayer.
She throws a frying pan at you and you scream:
“Now and then I think of when we were together, like when you said you felt you were so happy you could die.” –Somebody That I Used To Know, Gotye.
She yells back:
“I’ve been roaming around, I was looking down at all I see.” –Use Somebody, Kings Of Leon.
So you storm up to your room again and say:
“Remember all the things we wanted, now all the memories, they’re haunted.” –Already Gone, Kelly Clarkson.
Then you get in the shower and sing:
“It’s not the pale moon that excites me.” –The Nearness Of You, Norah Jones
Then before you go to bed you pray that:
“Take time to realize that your warmth is crashing down on in.” –Realize, Colbie Calliat.

No comments:

Post a Comment