Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A mild update.

No school sucks.

Like. Seriously.

Not having summer classes gives me absolutely no motivation to do anything else. I work at the library (designated 16h a week, but because the other student worker got sick, I'm up to 40h/wk for the next 2 to try and use up our designated hours by the 30th) and sit there for 8.5h a day staring at people walking by and having to act like I'm busy (when in all reality I'm not).

I have this horrible problem of not being able to pace my tasks. I try to take my time when completing tasks, but I know how to work efficiently and everything, so when I have a list of ten items to do that would take someone, say...maybe five days to do because they bullshit and hang around and don't focus on the work until it's finished takes me 2 whole days...14 hours to finish...not even.

I've already finished shelf-reading as well...which takes people forever to do. But, I read fast and so skimming over numbers and letters in order isn't that big of a deal.

I even re-did a whole bulletin board from scratch for the computer lab...it took me 4.5 hours. (Maybe if I remember I'll get a picture and upload it here).

Then, the other student worker returns...before she got sick, we signed up to pledge to walk at least a mile in the fitness program. Well, I made her sign up. I faxed the sheets over, and we figured no one was going to win the raffle for a 2GB iPod Shuffle. I get a call today and it's for the other student worker. She won the iPod shuffle and needed to pick it up. I'm really happy for her, but jeez. No luck here. xD

I finished Wicked. Interesting book. I definitely have to start Son of a Witch here shortly. Though, I'm also supposed to finish Game of Thrones. Hell. I don't know where to start. I tried reading both at once but it just doesn't work. So, I'll probably sit the Wicked Series aside and go for the GOT series.

Other than that, I don't know what to update people on. I'm frustrated because Charles has to move from his roommate's house because she's a royal bitch and brings nothing but drama 24/7, and so he's going to stay with his mom for a little bit until he's up on his feet, which has me both excited and worried. He'd have his own place to live, but then he'd be alone, and he doesn't seem to like that. I'm worried that he won't have enough money to continue to live in the place, though he is looking at low-income efficiency places through LMHA, which seems more confusing and contorted than it needs to be...I don't know.

We'll see.

Maybe surveys and another blog soon.

Love all!

No comments:

Post a Comment